We  are  Online  

Post Graduation Work & Study Permit

Study Permit Canada

A Canadian study permit allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions in Canada, and is issued by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

An applicant for a Canadian study permit may include his or her family members on the application, so that they may accompany the applicant to Canada. An accompanying spouse may be able to obtain an open work permit, and young children may be able to study at Canadian elementary and secondary schools.

Stay:  A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. *The 90 days let you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.

Cost: CAD 150

Eligibility criteria

  • Obtain a Letter of Acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution
  • Prove that you have sufficient financial support to cover the first year of tuition, living expenses and other costs
  • Obtain a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ): to study in Montreal or elsewhere in the province of Quebec
  • Have no criminal background. A police check will be required
  • Applicants will be required to undertake a medical examination

The applicant may also be required to submit the following documents: 

  • Passport for the applicant and every family member included on the application;
  • Two passport photos for the applicant and each family member included on the application, with the full name and date of birth written on the back;
  • Photocopy of marriage certificate, if applicable; and,
  • Any other document

Steps to apply

  1. If you meet all eligibility criteria, you can submit an application for a Study permit, together with supporting documents. This can be done online or by paper. (A paper application must be submitted to a visa processing office outside of Canada)
  2. If an application is approved, you will receive a letter of introduction confirming the approval.
  3. You will need to show the letter of introduction to an immigration official when arriving in Canada. The immigration official may then issue the study permit to you.
  4. You will also receive an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) and a temporary residence visa (TRV). You do not have to submit a separate application for a TRV.  If the application is approved, the TRV will be issued along with the Letter of Introduction.

Things to note

  1. Study permits expire 90 days after graduation. Therefore, it is extremely important that you update your status with IRCC within 90 days of graduation, or risk losing status in Canada.

    *If you finish your studies early, your permit will stop being valid 90 days after you complete your studies, no matter what day is printed on the study permit.

  2. You may be eligible to extend your stay by applying for a post-graduation work permit, allowing you to work in Canada for upto three years after graduation.

    You could additionally do one of the following:

    • Apply for a visitor visa
    • Apply for another study permit to continue a different study program.
    • Leave Canada.

IELTS & PTE Coaching with SIEC


The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a standardized English language proficiency exam that has been designed to test the English Proficiency of International students and migrants who wish to study, live and work in an English-speaking country/ environment. IELTS in managed by reputed International Organizations including the British Council, IDP, IELTS Australia and University of Cambridge ESQL Examination.



The PTE exam is a computer based English language test which helps migrants and international students in non-native English speaking countries to gain the required English proficiency required to study or work overseas. It tests individuals on four components, including Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.


Our Videos

Has your visa application been refused?

Latest News

Australia introduces NEW Regional Migration visas!
Good news for International Skilled workers, as Australia is set to introduce two new Skilled Regional visas, which launch on 16 November 2019. An additional permanent visa pathway will also become active from November 2022.

The new skilled regional visas will enable skilled migrants and dependent family members to live and work in regional Australia for upto 5 years.


Australian Annual Migration Cap lowered
In an effort to curb overpopulation in major Australian cities like Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, the government has announced that it plans to reduce the annual permanent migration cap from 190,000 down to 160,000 from July 2019. This is nearly a 15% decrease from the previous year. Of the 160,000 applications accepted, 70% will be in the skilled migration stream (110,000 places), while 30% will be from family migration (47,000 places). Employer sponsored visa will offer 39,000 places, and State and Territory Nominated categories will offer 38,968 places in 2019/20. The government plans to keep this cap in place for at least the next 3 years.



Latest Blogs

Australia's top In-Demand jobs; 2019

Australia's top In-Demand jobs; 2019
Based on the latest Hays report for 2019, it is suggested that the demand for skilled workers in Australia is expected to increase over the next two quarters of 2019, owing to the commencement of major planned infrastructure projects across the country.

Some of the most in-demand occupations include Risk and Compliance workers, Civil Construction Workers, Data Analysts, Digital Project Managers, Technicians, and Finance Business Partners.



Visa Grants

Start your Immigration Journey Today!


Check your eligibility: Submit online assessment form


Get a free assessment within 24 hours


Prepare your application with SIEC migration advisor


Submit your application together with supporting documents


Wait for your Migration visa to be granted

Appointment Request Form