We  are  Online  

Experience class migration

The canadian experience class

The Canada Experience Class migration stream is for temporary foreign workers and International students who are looking to migrate to Canada to obtain Permanent Residence. The ideal candidate would have already obtained Canadian work experience and settled into Canadian society and community life.

The experience class applications are processed through the express entry stream. The express entry system allows the IRCC to invite eligible candidates to apply for Permanent Residence to Canada. Candidates first need to submit an expression of interest by creating an online express entry profile and are scored alongside other candidates in the express entry pool; ranked under the comprehensive ranking system (CRS). The highest scoring candidates will receive an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residence. You will have 60 days from the time of receiving the ITA to submit your application for permanent residence.

Eligibility requirements:

  • At least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada in the 3 years immediately prior to applying for the visa. The job needs to be listed on the Canadian National Occupation Classification list under one of the following skill types – A, B or 0.
  • Meet the minimum Canadian Language requirement of CLB 5 for Skill level B jobs, or CLB 7 for Skill level 0 and A jobs on the NOC code. (The language test is valid for 2 years)
  • International students must be on a post-graduate work permit, at the time of application and have completed a minimum of one year in a skilled, professional or technical field of study.
  • Cannot live or work in the province of Quebec (As Quebec has their own experience class stream)

If you meet the above minimum requirements, you will be eligible to enter the Express Entry pool under the Canadian Express class system.

Thing to note:

  • Applicants can remain in Canada while a decision is made on the application. This stream is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, if you submit your application within three years of leaving your job in Canada.
  • Work gained as a student (Any part time, volunteering or internship work) does not count as work experience. Neither does self-employment.
  • This path is probably the quickest and easiest method for International students in Canada to gain Permanent Residency. The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program that allows individuals who have worked in Canada for at least one year to immigrate permanently.

Steps to apply

  1. Obtain/ Hold a Canadian work permit, must have completed a year of work in Canada and ensure other eligibility criteria are met (Language tests etc)
  2. Create an Express Entry profile
  3. Improve your CRS ranking ( Earn an additional 600 points): Complete additional work experience or see if you are eligible to apply under one of the Express Entry-aligned Provincial Nominee Program streams ( Especially in the province in which you worked). Your experience and skills may be in demand in the province.
  4. Receive an invitation to apply: You will have 60 days to submit a complete application. If your work permit is about to expire within the next four months, you can apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit.
  5. Complete a medical and provide security checks. You will need to show that you have completed a medical with an IRCC-recognized panel physician, and provided a police background check from each country that you have lived in for at least 6 months since turning age 18.
  6. Submit an e-application: The e-application must be submitted within 60 days of receiving an ITA and include detailed work reference letters from previous employers.
  7. Your e-application is reviewed: A Canadian immigration officer will review the submitted e-application and let you know if any additional documentation is required.
  8. Receive confirmation of permanent resident status: Applications under the Canadian Experience Class are typically processed within six months. If approved, you will receive a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) document.
  9. Get your PR card: Once you have your confirmation status, you may apply for your PR card. If you travel outside Canada, you will need to use this card as proof of your status in Canada.

IELTS & PTE Coaching with SIEC


The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a standardized English language proficiency exam that has been designed to test the English Proficiency of International students and migrants who wish to study, live and work in an English-speaking country/ environment. IELTS in managed by reputed International Organizations including the British Council, IDP, IELTS Australia and University of Cambridge ESQL Examination.



The PTE exam is a computer based English language test which helps migrants and international students in non-native English speaking countries to gain the required English proficiency required to study or work overseas. It tests individuals on four components, including Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.


Our Videos

Has your visa application been refused?

Latest News

Australia introduces NEW Regional Migration visas!
Good news for International Skilled workers, as Australia is set to introduce two new Skilled Regional visas, which launch on 16 November 2019. An additional permanent visa pathway will also become active from November 2022.

The new skilled regional visas will enable skilled migrants and dependent family members to live and work in regional Australia for upto 5 years.


Australian Annual Migration Cap lowered
In an effort to curb overpopulation in major Australian cities like Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, the government has announced that it plans to reduce the annual permanent migration cap from 190,000 down to 160,000 from July 2019. This is nearly a 15% decrease from the previous year. Of the 160,000 applications accepted, 70% will be in the skilled migration stream (110,000 places), while 30% will be from family migration (47,000 places). Employer sponsored visa will offer 39,000 places, and State and Territory Nominated categories will offer 38,968 places in 2019/20. The government plans to keep this cap in place for at least the next 3 years.



Latest Blogs

Australia's top In-Demand jobs; 2019

Australia's top In-Demand jobs; 2019
Based on the latest Hays report for 2019, it is suggested that the demand for skilled workers in Australia is expected to increase over the next two quarters of 2019, owing to the commencement of major planned infrastructure projects across the country.

Some of the most in-demand occupations include Risk and Compliance workers, Civil Construction Workers, Data Analysts, Digital Project Managers, Technicians, and Finance Business Partners.



  Australia Reviews

  CANADA Reviews

Start your Immigration Journey Today!


Check your eligibility: Submit online assessment form


Get a free assessment within 24 hours


Prepare your application with SIEC migration advisor


Submit your application together with supporting documents


Wait for your Migration visa to be granted

Appointment Request Form